IMCA announces Lifting & Rigging Seminar programme21 September 2022
The International Marine Contractors Association (IMCA) has announced the full programme and speakers for its Lifting Technology & Lifting in Offshore Renewables Seminar, on October 27 in Amsterdam.
This year’s speakers include: Van Oord, Lloyd’s Register, Seaway 7, Boskalis, Cadeler, Sapura Energy, Heerema, Huisman, Siemens Gamesa, Remazel, Sequalize and Delft University of Technology (TU Delft).
The 11th seminar in the annual series is the subject of a podcast netween Mark Ford, Marine & Quality Manager at IMCA and David Cannell from TechnipFMC, who will chair the day of presentations, discussion, workshops and networking.
“Next month’s event is put together by a workgroup, that I chair, comprised of people involved in IMCA’s Lifting and Rigging Committee work. They are IMCA members and have experience and knowledge of activity within our industry. You could say the event is created by the industry for the industry," said Cannell.
“These events are primarily a discussion forum for members and non-members alike covering key technical and operational topics. Bringing a mix of presentations and workshops allows attendees to focus on the specific topics during the day, identifying the actual state of the industry and its future requirements.
“This helps guide the IMCA Lifting and Rigging Management Committee in defining its future work scope on codes and guidance. The attendees (representatives from marine-related contractors, suppliers, associations, academia and related industry bodies) also benefit, for what they hear about can help support the direction of their own R&D. The output from past seminars has influenced and shaped key areas of our industry and this one is set to perform just as useful a task.”
- IMCA’s Lifting & Rigging Committee’s reflections of recent incidents and lessons learned along with updates on the Committee’s ongoing programme
- Assurance and development of relevant industry codes
- Sessions covering the experience and challenges encountered by key marine contractors related to offshore lifting, with specific focus on the renewable energy sector
- Supplier sessions covering their current proven technology, new and future technology
- Open panel discussions with key industry experts.
- And finally, “The future” presentations from academia, covering new technology that is being researched and developed within the universities
For more information go to www.imca-int.com/calendar/imca-lifting-rigging-seminar-2022/