Konecranes acquires SA’s Dynamic Crane Systems

18 November 2009

Print Page

Konecranes had already bought 19.5% of Dynamic Crane Systems’ shares in June 2007, and has now acquired the remaining 80.5%. The company will be renamed as Konecranes (Pty) Ltd, with the current owners working for the company on a consultative basis.

Dynamic Crane Systems specialises in the manufacture, sale, service and assembly of industrial and process cranes in the sub-Saharan region. It supplies the mining, energy, steel, aluminium, paper and general manufacturing sectors. Since June 2007, it has acted as Konecranes’ representative in South Africa and neighbouring countries.

“South Africa is the economic powerhouse of Africa, leading the continent in industrial output and mineral production, and generating a large proportion of Africa’s electricity,” said Pierre Boyer, Konecranes’ president in the EMEA region.

“The country has abundant natural resources, well-developed energy and manufacturing sectors and a modern infrastructure supporting efficient distribution of goods throughout the southern African region. Not only is South Africa itself an important economy, it is also an excellent gateway to other African markets.”